Winner: $750 + Publication
Finalists: $250 + Publication
Deadline: July 15th, 2022
TO ENTER: Fill out the form below, submit your payment, and attach your files. In your cover letter, please include where you heard about the Vallum Poetry Award. If you have any questions about the submission process, please email email@example.com.
ENTRY FEE: $25 for Canadian entrants, $30 for U.S. and international entrants. Payments are processed through our Submittable account. Each entry fee includes a free one-year digital subscription to Vallum! If you are in a financial position where paying the entry fee poses a difficulty, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details about how to submit.
All entrants will be signed up to receive Vallum's newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.
1. Submit 1-3 poems, up to 6 pages of poetry. The entry fee covers 3 poems.
2. Poems may be on any theme or subject, but must be original and not previously published. Begin each poem on a new page, use 12-point font, and single spacing.
3. First prize is $750, finalists are awarded $250. Poems will be published in Vallum magazine and on Vallum’s website. Honourable mentions may be selected and published but are not eligible for cash prizes.
4. You may submit more than once.
5. Cover letters and poems must be submitted as two separate documents. The document with your poems should not include any autobiographical information, as this contest is judged blind.
Vallum (VSEAL) strongly encourages submissions from LGBTQI2S, Indigenous writers, writers of colour, gender non-conforming writers, differently abled writers or persons with mental or physical challenges, and all who are otherwise affected by structural inequality. Under no circumstances does Vallum tolerate bigoted, violent or abusive content.
Vallum (VSEAL) encourage vivement les soumissions de LGBTQI2S, écrivains autochtones, écrivains de couleur, écrivains non conformes au genre, écrivains ayant des capacités différentes ou personnes ayant des problèmes physiques ou mentaux, et tous ceux qui sont autrement affectés par une inégalité structurelle. Vallum ne tolère en aucun cas un contenu sectaire, violent ou abusif.